Dynamic English Lessons 3 (€0.79) helps you learn some of the most common idioms with interactive games and practical examples. Use the dials to select the right words to complete the idiom illustrated by the picture. In the example above, it's 'bite the hand that feeds you' (though the girl is actually biting the arm). The idioms are grouped into six categories: Animals, Body Parts, Objects, Action & Sport, Food & Drink, and Miscellanious (sic).
Intermediate and above
• Fun graphics and audio to help you learn and remember idioms
• Quiz yourself on how to use idioms
• Idiom Dictionary
• A sealed section with adult uses for idioms
• Audio recordings to hear pronunciation and example uses
A well-designed app, and great value for less than one euro. The illustrations are fun, and I particularly liked the fact that audio recordings are provided for the examples. One criticism I do have is that having found the idiom, you have to consult the dictionary to find out what it means. It would have made more pedagogical sense to have the definition available while you're trying to find the idiom. And there are a few bugs and spelling mistakes which need to be fixed. All in all though, I'm giving this one the thumbs up (= to show approval for something).
• Brush Up On Your English With Dynamic English Lessons - Idioms (AppAdvice)