English Grammar in Use: Activities HD offers a big library of fun grammar activities written specially for intermediate learners of English. Imagery, sound and extra support across all key topics make studying simple and enjoyable. Based on the world’s best-selling grammar book by Raymond Murphy.
• 306 activities 2,800+ questions, structured into 16 grammar areas
• 145 units, to help shape your learning.
• Study methodically, or shake it up with randomised questions from your chosen focus areas.
• Audio & Recording Hear phrases spoken aloud.
• Record your own voice and compare.
• Progress Tracking Beautiful bar charts visualise your statistics, to keep you informed as you improve.
• Review and retry exercises you’ve worked on, and email your results in a tap.
• Glossary Tap a word for its definition.
As one would expect from a major ELT publisher, the EGIU app has a very slick and professional design. However, Cambridge's description of app as 'the ultimate grammar study tool' is extremely misleading since there are no explanations given as to why the answers to activities are wrong or right, and no reference section either. They should have made it clear that the app is really a complement to the EGIU book and designed to test not teach. £5.99 ($9.99) is a lot to pay for an app that only does half the job.
• Review of English Grammar in Use Activities App (Eduworlds Knowledge)